Oral Cancer Screening Keeping You Protected at Every Appointment
You know that seeing your dentist for regular dental checkups every six months is important for the health of your teeth and gums. But did you also know that seeing the dentist just might save your life? A standard part of a dental checkup at Bethel Dental Clinic in Accra, Ghana is an oral cancer screening. Like other cancer screenings, this one is designed to pinpoint early warning signs before the disease can develop and concerning symptoms begin. Oral cancer is a highly treatable and often curable disease when found early during an oral cancer screening.
Why Choose Us for Oral Cancer Screenings?
- Performed at every single checkup
- OralID technology helps catch cancer earlier
- Highly skilled & experienced team
High Tech Screening for Oral Cancer
At Bethel Dental Clinic, our team uses the latest technology to screen for oral cancer. With this advanced tool, we can find cancerous cells and pre-cancerous cells in soft tissue before any signs are visible to the naked eye. This advanced screening is safe, effective, and comfortable, and it can be completed in just a matter of minutes. Bethel Dental Clinic is the only practice in Ghana to have the technology needed for this type of oral cancer screening.
Visual Signs of Oral Cancer
An oral cancer screening at Bethel Dental Clinic also includes a visual inspection of your mouth as well as your lips and face. While these screenings happen twice each year in our office, our dentists also want you to be familiar with signs that may indicate oral or pharyngeal (throat) cancer so that you can be on the lookout for them throughout the rest of the year. If you find anything of concern, then please don’t wait for your next appointment. Call Bethel Dental Clinic immediately to schedule a visit.
The Early Warning Signs of Oral Cancer Include
- A lump anywhere inside your mouth, including the insides of your cheeks and your tongue
- A sore on your lips or in your mouth that has not healed in more than two weeks
- A red or white patch of tissue that is either smooth or scaly
- A spot on your tongue or in your mouth that feels numb
- A sore throat or hoarseness that will not go away
- A difference in the way your teeth bite together or dentures that are suddenly uncomfortable
- Difficulty chewing, swallowing, or speaking
- An earache, but no sign of infection
Contact Bethel Dental Clinic to schedule your dental checkup and oral cancer screening. Located in Dzorwulu-Accra, Ghana, we serve all of Ghana, as well as patients from overseas.