Periodontal Therapy – Accra, Ghana
Safeguarding Your Entire Smile
Gum disease is extremely common and extremely damaging to your oral and overall health. Not only can it cause your gums to appear red and irritated and cause eventual tooth loss, but it can also negatively affect the rest of your body as well. This infectious bacteria in the gums can easily spread throughout the bloodstream and contribute to conditions like heart disease. Periodontal therapy offers a solution for gum disease, often saving smiles and preventing more serious complications.
Why Choose Us for Periodontal Therapy?
- Deep cleanings remove infection at the source
- Soft tissue laser therapy delivers pain-free treatment
- Able to protect both oral & overall health
Symptoms of Gum Disease
So how do you know if you need periodontal therapy? Ultimately, it’s extremely important that you visit our office regularly for preventive dentistry exams; sometimes, there are no noticeable symptoms in the early stages of gum disease. However, if you start to notice any of the following tell-tale signs, visit our Accra, Ghana dental office as soon as possible:
- Bleeding gums : This symptom is serious, so don’t ignore it.
- Tenderness and redness : Healthy gum tissue is a pink color. Redness or tenderness can be signs of a problem.
- Receding gums : If your teeth seem to look longer, this can be a sign that your gums are receding.
- Oral sores or pus : Pus is always a sign of infection and should be checked out immediately.
- Change in bite or loosening of teeth : Because gum disease can cause the gum tissue to separate from teeth, teeth will begin to shift.
What is Periodontal Therapy?
Periodontal therapy is how we treat gum disease. We will thoroughly clean the pockets around your teeth, navigating below the gum line to remove infection-causing bacteria. We will then smooth the tooth root surfaces of rough patches. This makes the area less hospitable to bacteria and debris going forward, preventing recurrences of gum disease.
Scaling & Root Planing
Think of scaling and root planing as a special dental cleaning that is focused solely on your gum line and tooth roots. First, we’ll remove any harmful plaque and bacteria buildup from the gums (targeting the small spaces between the gums and teeth), and then we’ll gently smooth out the roots of the teeth. This will prevent plaque from accumulating around the gums in the future, lowering the chances of reinfection.
Soft Tissue Laser
For patients with more moderate periodontal disease, our soft tissue laser helps us deliver a gentle and precise treatment using a highly focused beam of light. With it, we can instantly eliminate bacteria below the gum line and even remove infected tissue, all the while causing little to no bleeding, swelling, or pain. Treatment with the laser is so comfortable that most patients don’t even need local anesthetic to remain completely relaxed.
If it’s been a while since your last dental exam or you’re experiencing symptoms of gum disease, contact Bethel Dental in Accra, Ghana for an appointment. We serve patients from all around Accra and all over Ghana.