Dental Implants – Accra
Living with missing teeth not only hurts your confidence, but your quality of life as well. Now, you can no longer speak clearly, and you cannot chew many of your favorite foods, like steak. To regain a complete smile, you can choose an option that is the next best thing to your natural teeth. With dental implants, you will fill the empty spaces in your smile. At Bethel Dental, we will help you make a true investment in your oral health with an option that offers over a 95% success rate.
How Do Dental Implants Work?
Dental implants are far different than any other type of prosthetic because they replace the root of the tooth. By surgically placing an implant post into the jawbone, it creates a secure and sturdy foundation for the replacement tooth. The jawbone will naturally fuse to the biocompatible material, so you will never have to worry about any slipping or irritation.
After your jawbone has fused to the post, an abutment is attach to it. This is a connector piece that is needed to hold a custom-made dental crown in place. The crown will be made to meet your exact needs to blend in with any remaining natural teeth.
No matter if you are missing one tooth, multiple teeth, or an entire arch, dental implants can help.
What are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
Due to the materials used, dental implants are the most successful and reliable solution to replace missing teeth. You will enjoy many benefits that are not possible with other options, including:
- Long-term solution: Offers the potential to last for a lifetime.
- Cost effective: Pays for itself because there is no need for adjustments or a new post to be placed in the future.
- Stops bone loss: Stimulates the jawbone to encourage new bone growth.
- Closely look and feel natural: The implant post and custom-made dental crown closely mimic the structure and appearance of a natural tooth.
- No slipping or irritation: The implant post is securely anchored to the jawbone, increasing your biting force by as much as 70% when compared to traditional dentures.
- Easy maintenance and care: You will not need any expensive cleaning solutions or messy adhesives.
What is the Success Rate of Dental Implants?
With the right aftercare, dental implants have the potential to last for a lifetime. In fact, the rate for implant failure is less than 5%. To protect your new smile, it is best to maintain your oral hygiene and visit your dentist twice a year for a cleaning and checkup.
While the implant post can remain in place forever, the dental crown will suffer from daily wear and tear. As a result, it will need to be replaced about every 10 years.
Regain a Complete Smile Today!
If you are ready to restore your quality of life, it is time to see if dental implants are right for you. Contact our office today to schedule your consultation. We look forward to seeing you smile.